Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi can someone please help ? I have just purchased a non runner ( must be mad ) I have replaced all coils and TDC sensor, fitted a different ECU complete with fuse box and key reconiser and key. All the electrics now work. Car will still not start, turns over ok , I am not sure how the imobiliser works. I have a light on the dash which says STOP when the Ign is on What does this mean ? also what is the sequence of lights for the alarm .

·
Registered
10 Posts
The keys are coded to the UCH (Decoder) and the injection computer. All of this needs to be swapped and configured.
I cannot advise against this enough. Renault Immobiliser systems are complex at the best of times.
There is a high possibilty that there is a wiring fault. I.e Coded line open circuit etc.
The red immobilser light should flash slowlywith the ignition off. Then stay solid for about 5 seconds (i think!) once the ignition is switched on, then go out.
If it flashes when the ignition is on, it means the decoder has the incorrect code sent to it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Thanks Gareth
I have changed the UCh fuse box and the coil around the Ignition switch as well as the ECU, I also have the key , which all come from the same vehicle.

Do you know why the word STOP comes on the dashboard.

Has anybody got a handbook that they could fax me the details of all the warning lights ect.

Fax No 01566 86771

1 - 3 of 3 Posts