Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:steam: hi ppl im a newbie and i have a prob wit my car and i hope that someone can help me plz.

i drive a megane coupe 2.0 sport

my car starts first turn of the key when its cold but when it heats up it looses all power when movin the only reason i get power back is cause my car is still movin and there is no warning lights comming on telling me whats wrong. the car will stole at traffic light, struggle to start again when stoled,

CHANGED

* idle control valve
* faul filter

PROBLEMS ELIMINATED

* cold start sensor
* map sensor
* map pipe
* ignition coil/plugs/leads
* Top Dead Centre
* gaskit
* overheating
* changed fuel filter

im now going to try and eliminate

* kat exhaust
* lanbda sensor ( dont no if this will be eliminated cause the emissions test was perfect )
* all fuses

im now thinking that it might be a relay box but cant find out till monday 28th may

ANYONE THAT CAN POINT ME IN ANY DIRECTION WILL BE APPRECIATED because im loosing my head over this
i have had my car to 2 mechanics, search the internet for dayz and had boy 7 or 8 friends at it and no one can figure it out. MEANY THANKS TO EVERYONE THAT REPLYS

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I have moved your thread to the engines forum to give it a wider audience.

I have also renamed it to assist future search queries and give members a better idea of what the problem is.

You could try a forum search for "loss of power" as this has come up before.

·
Registered
25 Posts
one thing to try is holding the trip computer button in then switching the ignition on then press the trip computer button into you get to the fault code display

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey chunkster i dont no much bout cars so i dont no where the comp button is. ive been playing with a RELAY and my car has stop stolen but when i turn it of its a ¤¤¤¤ to startr again. i dont no what the RELAY does

1 - 4 of 4 Posts