Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to refit the exaust on my renault coupe "e" .. and i've been given these two poxy little brackets. now i think these are the wrong ones, but the parts guy here seems adament that they are right. i dont think they can be cos they would take the exaust far too close to the body and they are the wrong shape to fit anyways??

anyone know what the center box exaust brackets should look like on a megane coupe ?

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Megane exhaust

Hi Spanish lad - are you using Renault original parts or are they from a motor factors. Many factors only keep a limited range of brackets and supports in stock in the hope they will be a universal fit for a range of vehicles. Have you got the old ones for comparison - if not I suggest a trip to a renault dealer for the correct ones or even just to see what they look like. Trying to use the wrong ones will probably damage the new exhaust or even the car - a few extra quid may be worthwhile and more cost effective in the long run. God luck - hope this helps

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
according to another megane driver the 1,6e doesn't have centre brackets?? :confused:

so how does it hold itself up ?? by the downpipe fixing alone?? weird :confused: :confused:

·
Super Moderator
43,291 Posts
Exhaust Brackets

As you say what holds it on - its possible there may not be supports on the centre box - can you see any corresponding fixing points on the underside of the car or the box itself - save yourself a load of hassle - get down to a decent motor factors and they will show you their fittings book - from experience I tend to believe what I see before what I'm told. Their book should have diagrams showing the various components and fittings required. Take a pen and paper with you and draw a wee picture or if your really nice or if you buy something from them they might even photo-copy it for you. In my experience of life - you don't get nothin if you don't ask. Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats weird and a half :?? if i take off my "home made" strap it just sags down in the middle, hitting speed bumps and all sorts?

in the diagram it shows a connector ? - mine doesn´t have that, one section slides inside the other and theres a U-clamp over it tighter than a tight thing. yet after a couple of days it still starts to sag??

would one of these "joints" stop it twisting round?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
No,the joints do just the same job as the sleeved pipe,it just means that the two pieces of pipe from this particular manufacturer (Bosal) have the same diameter.

Just out of interest,what make exhaust are you trying to fit?.

And have you really been struggling with the exhaust for 18 months?.:confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts