1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
firstly sorry for my outburt regaring my last post

this was inexcusable an was just venting frustration

anyhow i need advice on a megane coupe p reg

its overheating and pipes feel hard its uses all the water in the bottle within 1 mile gasket just done

just wondered if anyone knew where the blead valves were to blead the air out of the system or could it be owt else

jack

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
It sounds as though the head gasket has blown again....

Why was the gasket done in the first place and who did it?

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Still sounds as though the gasket is not sealing properly.

If the system is pressurising up excessively and you are loosing that much water then really the only expanation is the head gasket.:(

There could an external leak somewhere,but the system wouldn't pressurise up and you'd definately notice it if your loosing a lot of coolant.If the gasket was changed recently I'd get it back to the garage that under took the work and get them to sort it.It sounds as though they replaced the gasket but didn't have the head skimmed and the gasket has gone between a water way and a cylinder seal.....

Does the car misfire when it's started up from cold?

·
Registered
10 Posts
There is a possibilty that the cylinder head is porous. (Spelling?) Some machine shops can pressurise the cylinder head with water at about 60PSI and check for leaks etc. May be worth a go if a Thermostat and bleed don't fix it. Also, is the water pump ok?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts