Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi does anyone know where the fuel filter is located on a 51 plate coupe megane 2.0 ide? or a pic of where abouts it is many thanks Tom

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
On other petrol Renault models of this age there is no external fuel filter,it's inside the tank as part of the tank unit.I'm not 100% sure if this is the case on the IDE engine though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Mines a 2.0l ide cabriolet and the fuel filter is just underneath the car,drivers side where the door opens.My car had cold starting problems after I put some injector cleaner in so ive just changed the fuel filter and this seems to have cured the problem.The fuel is under pressure so make sure you relieve the pressure before you pull the pipes off the fuel filter.I didnt and I got sprayed in the face with petrol.Ive been told to relieve the pressure you have to remove the fuel pump fuse and run the car till it runs out of petrol in the pipe and stops.The pipes pull off the fuel filter by squeezing 2 green buttons at the end of the pipes where they connect into the filter,they can be a little tight.I squeezed them and used a screwdriver to prize the pipes off.The fuel filter cost me less than £8 so its well worth doing at least once a year
Hope this helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts