Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can the auto gearbox change points be altered. My 07 Megane 1.9dci privilege changes up too late from 2 to 3 and 3 to 4. The box is supposed to adapt to driving style and load but these change points stick stubbornly to 33 and 49 mph. An engine with this power and torque doesn't need these high revs at such low speeds. Is it just a case of altering some software? and if so, where can I get it done? Have there been any autobox software upgrades on the megane since March 07? Thanks:crazy:

·
Premium Member
513 Posts
Hello,

not sure of any software updates, but I am pretty certain the point at when the gearbox changes gear cannot be changed, as you are aware the gearbox adapts to your own driving style and also the engine load as well. I know you can have the auto adaptives reset and that can sometimes help matters. My grandparents have a modus 1.6 petrol auto and I find that changes up into 3rd to soon (it can go into 3rd at 21 mph) so I find driving with a slightly heavier right foot helps matters and smooths things out and slowing down sooner for junctions, roundabouts etc.

Harry.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Harry Thanks for your reply. I suspect the adaptive part of my gearbox is malfunctioning as I have now been driving carefully for 3 days and the change points will not alter, even when going downhill with a trailing throttle the box still waits until 33 mph before changing up. I spoke to Renault and they told me it can take several days to adjust to a new driving style, but the fact it changes from 2 to 3 at the same speed irrespective of load suggests something is not right. I checked the web and an american company sell an electronic gadget that allows you to alter many different aspects of the engine management system, including autobox change points, so I may follow that up. Bet it's expensive and don't know yet whether it will work for Renault

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.