Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Renault Megane Dynamique 1.6 petrol convertible (2007)

Hi All,
Hope you can help me. Bought the daughter one of these as her first car (well its for next year actually so Daddy gets a wee play with it for a bit :)).

I was looking to repair a cracked fairling which pops out when the roof is down so i opened the roof half way to get access and then switched the car off. When i tried to put the roof back up the rear driver side window now appears to be stuck/ dead/ ignoring me :(

I thought it might have to do with the fact that I switched the car off in the roof half open position which has maybe confused the onboard computer/ logic?

I tried removing one of the 25amp fuses and then the 20amp fuses to see if it would maybe reset but to my confusion the front windows still worked, did i do something wrong?

Should i try disconnecting the battery or might that introduce even more problems and what is the best practise procedure?

When i bought it the other side i.e. rear passenger side window didnt work either but at least it is stuck in the up position which is liveable but this one being stuck open is obviously a different proposition.

Would appreciate a swift resolution to this as thats nearly two consecutive days of sun this week and wouldnt like to push it to 3 days without rain :)

Thanks in advance all !

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is it possible for me to just pull it up manually ? I can maybe get a hold of it with some pliers but not sure if it will budge or i might do more damage than good ?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
40,459 Posts
Its door panel off job.That way you can get at the temic and give it a move/tap see if it will spring into life.

·
Premium Member
6,826 Posts
Is it possible for me to just pull it up manually ? I can maybe get a hold of it with some pliers but not sure if it will budge or i might do more damage than good ?
definitely do more damage than good (if any !) .

As previously suggested , take of panel and investigate

Al

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks all for the replies.

Big shout out to Mike @ PRO************

He helped me get the window back up which with rain on the way, my garage full, and soon to mobilize offshore was in a precarious position.

He gave me great instructions/ encouragement for removing the back panel without having to remove the rear seats. I reached in, pinched the regulator (suspect it slowly becomes unseated with vibration) and managed to get the window up ..... removed fuse ..... watertight .... lol aye like a teabag ... what a car :(

When back i will be getting Mike to repair it for sure.

Thanks Mike!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts