Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hiya, just seeking advice on my t reg megane 1.6i 16v,,, it has an idling problem that idles upto 2000rpm and down to 550rpm,,,,, someone said it could be the idle speed sensor??? but i dont know where its located any help???,,,, also can it be cleaned??? thanks in advance:confused:

R

·
0 Posts
It could also be an air leak some where the combustion side of the throttle flap. Try spraying some thing flamable like WD40 into a suspect area if it gets sucked into the engine the revs will rise briefly

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I had this problem on my old s reg scenic a few years ago. I had to clean the ICV Idle control valve. Cant quite remember where it was located but here is a pic of what it looks like. It has two screws that hold it in place,you will need little hands and a little phillips head
I just let it soak in some wd40 or similar and just give it a wiggle up and down. This sorted it out as I had spent about £60 in garages on tests etc

Hope this helps

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thankyou for all the advice,,,, i will try and locate it and see how i get on ,,,thanks again :confused:
sorry wayne cant seem to open the pic you sent:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts