Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally drive to work and back everyday and have no problems with the cooling fan switching off with the engine, however if I stop for 10 minutes to got to the shop and then drive home (a 5 minute drive) the cooling fan stays on after I switch the engine off. Even after 10 minutes the fan is still on. If I switch the engine on and then off the fan stops. Coolant level is fine, there are no leaks and temp gauge sits in normal position (middle of gauge). Is there something wrong with the cooling sensors?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,663 Posts
Can you tell us what year your car is, It does seem like your Engine control Temp Sensor is at fault..
Any other isues, before this happened..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is a Megane IV GT line 1200cc turbo January 2018 model with just over 1800 miles on the clock. I have had no previous problems. I normally drive form home to work and back - this problem only occurs if I have a short stop before going home. It seems like the heat soak from the engine during the short stop is confusing the sensor. The trip from the short stop to home is under 2 miles and in traffic so most probably not long enough to get rid of the heat soak temperature. Not sure why starting the engine and then switching off almost immediately stops the fan

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,663 Posts
That needs sorting out under your warranty ..

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The reason I "bother" to post here is to try and find out if anyone has had a similar problem and if they know what caused the problem so when I go to the Garage I have some knowledge of the problem instead being totally clueless about the problem.

·
Super Moderator
13,565 Posts
Do you have your AirCon On?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I switch off the AC about 5 minutes before reaching destination - I also deactivate start/stop at the beginning of each trip. My Vehicle is at the Renault dealership today so will hopefully find out what the problem is and then provide feedback to thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts