Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Can anyone help ? I have a megane 2000 w reg and the central locking has stopped working, I can lock the car with the key fob but cannot unlock it , the key will unlock each door manually and the car will start and drive ok with no flashing lights on the dashboard. The central locking button inside the car will not open the doors either, but i can hear the relay click when i press it to lock the doors. When i press the key fob to unlock the doors but nothing happens when i press it again the indicators flash and you can hear the door locks clik trying to lock again. It would seem it is just the unlocking of the car which is not happening. I have checked the fuse and had a look on the inside of the drivers door panel there are 2 wires which feed to the mechanism and these seem to be in tact , Can anyone help me please ??

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
I would imagine it will be the relay control unit part of the fuse box, you could also check the earth conections to the car but it sounds like one on the relays, they are fixed in i think.

·
Registered
19 Posts
you could also check that the solenoids haven't moved out of place, they should click in. if the relays are still in good working order and check the earth's (check them first as rentech said) it could be that the solenoids themselves need replacing, they mightn't be energising in the unlock function. Solenoids are usually guaranteed to 100,000 operations which could well have been surpassed since the car was manufactured. it would be quite unusual for all them to go at once though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts