Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello people :)

My missis has a 05 Megane II 1.5DCI and we had noticed an exhaust fume smell in the interior, at low speeds/idle when the heater fan was on, it then also developed a loud tapping noise (sounded like tappets!!), worse when cold.
Long story short - I found the first injector Copper Washer to be blown past causing the tapping noise, coating the sides of the injector and all around it's mounting clamp etc in black carbon! Obviously been doing this for a while!

I changed the washer and re-assembled only to now find that it's Running badly, juddering on acceleration, blue smoke under acceleration and seems to be using a lot of fuel. The tapping has now ceased.
When I had the injector out I did have to switch on the ignition, didn't start it though!!, but did press the button to switch the ignition on.

I am thinking that it maybe now needs an injector recode???????
Can I get this done at a NON Renault garage? Don't really want to pay their STUPID prices, if yer know what I mean :)
Can I do it myself with the right gear? If so, what do I need? A Renault Clip??

Any help appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
i got a very loud tapping on my 1.5dci it started low and and after 3 miles it was hurendus then it stated missing and cutting out got toed now i am stump t it will tick over but taps had dinos dun no fault. no sign of injector prob i think it my be a cambelt jumped a tooth it is driving me :crazy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts