Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

Suddenly my megane has problems. If i press start button, ignition comes on, but starter does not. I can hear 2 beeps. What does it mean? I've found 3 beeps on Google, but not two beeps.

2004 megane 1.5 diesel
Obd adapter didnt find any fault codes

Many thanks to who can reply!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
have you checked battery voltage
not yet. car was at parking lot about 2 days. today, in the morning i went to turn this on for few minutes. but at the night, engine didnt start anymore. does 2 beeps could mean low battery ?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,761 Posts
Would be checking battery is okay
2 beeps could mean anything,on a Renault
You will find guys on here have been trying for years to work it out

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's very weird that beeps are mysterious on Renault. I mean there are no instructions in manual what those beeps could mean. :mad:
Or is there way to do "built-in diagnostics", like on Chrysler, which on board computer gives trouble codes, for example p0170 etc?

Anyway thanks for your fast reply! Tomorrow i'll try to charge battery with another car and see if it helps. I'll let you know..(y)

·
39,761 Posts
No Renault aren't that kind..
Diagnostics needed
Also its very hard ( If not impossible ) to catch what the beeps mean, as once ignition is on they stop..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today is a new day and charging battery with another car didn't help. What should be next step? Because its weekend now, i can't go do some diagnostics, because all services are closed, and I need to drive this weekend :confused:

·
39,761 Posts
What happened when you put the jump leads on.
Did you get the engine to crank

1 - 8 of 8 Posts