Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI, The Heater/cold air blower stopped blowing on all 4 settings a couple of days ago. it still produces heat and the air con light will illuminate. however blowers dont work and no motor noise either. took it to renault who charged 55 quid to say it needed a new motor. (on invoice it states checking feeds found on heater motor.) they had car for an hour. and nothing appears to be disturbed , so i am wondering how they tested it.

and where exaclty is the motor on this vehicle and how to gain access to it. main dealer said they can do it for 271 quid. i looked at what other people have said. does anyone know where any photos of where it is located or even diagrams. i not a person who is fritened to get his hands dirty, once i have researched it enough

cheers darren

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
behind centre console if im not mistaken theyre normally behind glove box but i think they moved them to centre consol below ure stereo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HI thanks yeah i have followed another thread and removed my glove box took some photos of the central area, and alos checked that it wasnt in fact above the glove box behind the what i think is a computer chip thing (covered in a black retangled shaped box).

if it is in the cetnral area , how do you peel the layers of dash off to get to it. does anyone have any instructions on how to do that . thanks darren. ps i have attached some photos in the attachement area

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Easiest thing to do, buy the bible, the haynes car manual for your car to be exact, i bought it for my megane and its saved me a a lot of dosh from visiting renault anyway :d:d:d it annoys me how they have to charge so much just to do a diagnosis, all they would of done is linked up there lappy and looked for faults :mad::mad:

fleay bay usually got some cheap haynes manuals :d:d

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well Finally sorted.

1. take glove compartment out.
2. remove black aid duct that located behind glove box.
3. look toward central console area, behind radio (infact right back near engine compartment), and look to highest point its there, it has a block attached to it with a number of wires comming out. remove block by gently tugging towards radio (at least that what i did) allow block to dangle free,.
4. take power leads out by releasing them allow to dangle free.
5. at the top there is a clip, press downwards on it and rotate anticlockwise and gently pull out, its a squeeze but it can be done.

bought one off ebay for 60 quid and it works champion making sure though that it had same model numbers on it, saved 210 quid main dealer price.

L

·
0 Posts
When you remove the blower you can check it by attaching wires from the battery to the plug, if it spins you know it's not the blower itself.

It could be the resistor at fault, or even a damaged wire in the plug, on my Lag II the earth wire was damaged so I cut it from the plug and attached it to the body, didn't have any trouble from it again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah thanks thats right, i did check it with a 12 volt battery just to be sure before i purchase the spare off ebay, thanks .

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi, just wondering if you could help with my problem related to this too!

I've got 1.9 dci megane 2005
had problems with my heater blower motor where it had no blow on any speed setting. So i followed your info on removing the glove box etc. took off the heater blower motor tested it on a battery and was fully working. (guess bit of muck on connection)
after refitting everything the blowers now work lovely but now the car starts with bit of lag, then once stated the stop light comes on with warning message of injector fault.

but car has been faultless for past 3 months (other than) the heater motor broken, now I've fixed it had this fault with the injectors the same day.

any help/reply will be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Barry

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Barry, it makes me laugh really, cos i replaced the brakes on the mrs car and funny enough, soon as i had the car sorted i got an engine light on her dash... bloody throttle body... typical, anyway these things happen.... if you pm me your e-mail address, ill send you the pics of my egr valve, all ya need is some carb cleaner, few cotton buds, toothbrush/wirebrush (be gentle) and bobs ya uncle.... this is my normal fault, with the carbon deposits becoming damp (car gets little use), then clogging the poxy thing up, easy half hr job, this is what my "injection warning" was on the dashboard anyway... let me know how ya get on afterwards.... Alvin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts