Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At the right front lamp I have a damaged connector to which the H7 bulb is attached -> it is manifested by the fact that if I press the bulb well, it shines, if it's loosen it does not light up.

Is it possible to replace the bulb connector itself and how to do it?

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
1,612 Posts
Doubt if you can buy the connector individually from Renault. Your best bet may be Renparts who may sell you a broken headlight with the wiring still inside. I fixed a burnt headlamp bulb connector on our old 807 by soldering on individual spade connectors and doing away with the plug.

·
Premium Member
1,896 Posts
Yeah you would have to look 2nd hand, or know what you are looking for at Maplins or RS components

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
39,340 Posts
One of these

Motor factors sell these connectors , complete with wires.. if your desperate

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Heat makes them brittle and the plastic distorts or cracks or falls to bits. Generally it's only one of the connectors acting up, the earth wire. It's possible to split the thing in two halves, if it hasn't already fallen apart, tighten up the connectors and push on to the bulb. One or both of them can still be in whats left of the connector.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought a new connector, but there are two wires in it. But there are three wires in the lamp...

With the first wire there will be no problem because there is one to one.
But the second wire: can I solder two wires from the lamp to one of the bulb connector?

·
Premium Member
3,909 Posts
Yes you could.
I would remove the two wire connector from the plug, unhook the retaining tank with a small screwdriver to get it out. Clean the terminal and close it up gently with a squeeze from a pliers and put it back in the original plug.

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum, I let the Dogs out
7,514 Posts
not forgetting to use a heat shrinkable insulation tube over the joint, dont just wrap electrical tape around the joint as moisture WILL get in and screw you up in the future

1 - 10 of 10 Posts