Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
what a life saver friend just had aa out and the poor guy couldnt locate i he was looking on driver side

·
Registered
1 Posts
Location of the diagnostic socket on a Megane II.

Just gently pull down on the catch arrowed in the first Pic and the cover will pull forward for removal, To replace the cover insert the bottom part first and gently push into place.

i have a 98 megane sport. tha dash layout is different to these pictures. do yuo know where the 'socket' is ? also my speedo stops working intermittantly, any ideas? where is this sensor ? thanks

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Do you mean you've looked in the place suggested earlier in the thread, and the diagnostic socket isn't there? If that's the case, I would find that very strange.... Please confirm.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Hi, my megane is different, it's a phase 1 mark 2 june 2002 1.4 expression, I have no plastic cover under the hazard switch like in the earlier pics or at the back of the ash tray, I worked for a Renault dealer for nearly 10 years & I have had a lot of different Renaults so I do know a fair bit about them, but this is a mystery.

·
Super Moderator
13,569 Posts
Try in fusebox to RHS of steering wheel. Got a black cover on it & Vertical. That's where it was in the Scenic Expression we just sold.
Regs say EOBD must be within 1 metre of the driver's seat.

·
Registered
38 Posts
As Nottnoc suggests on the versions I've seen the ODBII port is located in the fuse area, to the RHS of the steering column (near the display brightness and headlight adjusters)

Pop the front cover off the fuse area, and at the lower left hand side, there will be a black cover. Pop that off and you'll see your diagnostic port.

Hope that's helpful

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, My wife has a 2010 Megane "World Series" 1.6 petrol. I'm looking to buy a cheap OBD Bluetooth dongle & connect to my Android phone. I've been recommended to use an app called TORQUE on my phone. Has anyone else used this ? Also where can I find the OBD port ? Thanks in advance & appreciate any pointers.

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Hi, My wife has a 2010 Megane "World Series" 1.6 petrol. I'm looking to buy a cheap OBD Bluetooth dongle & connect to my Android phone. I've been recommended to use an app called TORQUE on my phone. Has anyone else used this ? Also where can I find the OBD port ? Thanks in advance & appreciate any pointers.
Hi Brian.

I'm sorry I can't help you regarding any apps etc but on my megane coupe, which was. 2010 it was located under the key card slot.. There is a small little panel that pops off and it was behind there..

Just have a look to see if you have this little panel..

Stu

·
Super Moderator
8,480 Posts
Sorry I couldn't help you regarding the Bluetooth..

I bought a cheap OBD Reader from off eBay and got to say it works pretty decent but it's just a plug in jobby and not Bluetooth.

Let us know what the one you get works like,etc

Stu

·
Registered
11 Posts
I use torque on my android phone with the Bluetooth obd2 reader it is easy to use for general code reading/erasing

·
Registered
37 Posts
Anyone using torque pro or similar got a screen dump of good readings for a 1.9dci 130.

I wanna compare map sensor reading mainly but others maybe useful.

Thanks Andy

1 - 19 of 19 Posts