Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I bought a salvaged Megane II recently and I have fixed everything on the car.
I have run into problem where I can't start the car. Basically all the electrics on the car are off. Interior lights are off and there is nothing on the dashboard. The only thing that I can do is lock or unlock the car (I can't even open the boot). I'm just thinking - is there a fuse or a switch that would kill all the electrics if the car was involved in a crash? By the way, none of the airbags are deployed.

Edit: Oh yes, the steering lock seems to be broken or it's just not locking itself too...

D

·
0 Posts
Ok, start for checking for a feed at the ignition switch.
Check power to the fusebox, and through the fuses (there are some proper big ones there), and check the relays.
As for an 'off' switch somewhere which kicks in with a crash, i dont think so, although some do have fuseable link wires?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Some models have an emergency fuel switch off device usually somehwere under the bonnet. Check if it has activated and reset if necessary. But that may not be your problem though.

On later models the SRS control unit will actually activate in the event of an impact. Once this occurs the ECU will prevent the engine and other ancillaries from operating.

Are you sure the seat belt retractors haven't been triggered?:)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had time to look at the car again today. All the fuses seem fine. All the indicators are working if I put the hazard warning lights on. The car locks an unlucks fine with the key. The whole instrument panel seems to be off though. When I put the hazards on there is no clicking noise. Whenever I push the Start/Stop button the hole where the key should go flashes red (this is with no key card in) and when I put the key card in, nothing happens. The sunroof is off and all the lights in the car are off. Wondering what could the problem be? Could it be a case that the computer on the car needs to be reset? Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Found the problem. It was the big black 175 amp fuse that is located on the batteries + terminal. Got the it even started :)

·
Registered
12 Posts
hi mate just wondering if the 2006 modle has these fuses also as i carnt find them. ive got a problem with hazards constantly being on thougth i would try this.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts