Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

had a quick search but couldn't come across what I was looking for...I've a 2003 Megane 2 3door in black. Found a front and rear bumper off a black 225 for a great price. Question is, will they go straight on? Know I'm gonna have to replace the headlights (due to shape?) to the projection ones off a 225... Any other mods I'll have to make to get the bumpers to fit though? if so are there any nice looking aftermarket bumpers that wont break the bank for the II?

Thanks All
Dave

·
Tartan terrorist in a dress..
22,708 Posts
Would have a look see if you can find dimensions as I THINK may be wrong the 225 was slightly wider so may need a few adaptions

Edit

Just managed to get dimensions and I am wrong ...look like same width

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would have a look see if you can find dimensions as I THINK may be wrong the 225 was slightly wider so may need a few adaptions

Edit

Just managed to get dimensions and I am wrong ...look like same width

happy days... Another Q? Is there much mechanical difference from the normal Megane 2, and the say megane 225? Reason being is I've seen a set of brembo's off a 225 for a good price (falling over 225 parts recently??) Don't fancy spending 130 quid for a set of callipers if they're not gonna fit... Any ideas if they'll go straight on? Wouldn't mind some 4pot brembos and some green stuff brake pads.. Trying to not get carried away cause it's only a 1.4:wink2:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I would say at a guess there is a difference in the calipers as Renault should have uprated them coz of the bhp difference between your megane and the 225. I know the drive shafts are a different length due to the width of the 225.
Personally I've been trolling the Internet trying to find information on the 225 megane as I want to put the 225 lump in my scenic can't seem to find anyone who has done it before.

·
Premium Member
1,554 Posts
As an example I have a 2005 scenic and a 2008 scenic both mk.2's - it has headlights held in by 4 screws (2005) the other 5 screws each headlight, the frontpanel to the cars ARE different as the bumpers are just covers, yes i'm sure, if you did all the frontpanels, slam panels from a 2008 it would fit a 2005 front end.

I'm thinking if lights different on a 225 you're gonna need the front panels under bumper etc.basicall everything forward and inc lights

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
37,735 Posts
would have thought bigger discs . can you do a check on something like eurocarparts or tbay for different disc sizes, could also find suspension is harder .
As usually are on sports models,, so if bigger discs and pads, callipers , will the front suspension take the uprated braking system..

Bigger discs, shorter stopping distance, suspension then bottoms, as front end dips down..
Could find you will then need uprated subframe bushes, engine mounts, better/different wheel bearings..
All have a knock on effect,..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts