Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After recently owning a Citroen C3, i qiute liked the Citroen screenwashers. They weren't jets but sprays. Does anyone know if, either the Citroen washers will fit or if Renault do screen spray washers in place of washer jets.
Ian.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Washer Jets on a Megane 2.

Some Renaults have spray washers too, so it might be something you can transfer from another model

P

·
0 Posts

:eek: I cant remember which of the pool cars at work have them and which don't....Mrs W's modus has them, but they're built into the scuttle panel, so I'm not sure if they could be transferred

·
Premium Member
375 Posts

This is something I'd like to do too with my Megane II Sport Tourer. I'm pretty sure they're the same as the hatchback but mine are mounted on the underside of the top edge of the bonnet.

The 4 directional sprays suck! I had a Peugeot 207 which has spray jets and they were so much better...

Anyone know if the Modus or Laguna spray nozzles would fit?

Andy

O

·
0 Posts

I think I'd prefer this too. Spray is much better than a narrow jet.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I thought I was the only person who actually cared when they noticed this new feature! :crazy:

I have looked into it, you can get an aftermarket one, and I'm sure (with some modification) you could salvage them from a newer car even if it isn't a Renault. Only problem is that the newer ones are mounted under the bonnet out of site but still can be done.

Maybe when I have more time I'll fit the aftermarket ones with LEDs so that people think I'm an idiot :cool:
but you could just get aftermarket ones without LEDs :eek:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The ones on the Megane 2 are fitted under the trailing edge of the bonnet and are twin jet. Do the aftermarket ones fit in the same place?
Will try and get down to main dealer Sat morning and see if they have both parts in stock, to compare them.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
The ones on the Megane 2 are fitted under the trailing edge of the bonnet and are twin jet. Do the aftermarket ones fit in the same place?
Will try and get down to main dealer Sat morning and see if they have both parts in stock, to compare them.
Good idea - I'm wfh on Friday so may do the same. If they do fit, they shouldn't be too expensive?

Might order some flat wiper blades to complete the package :d

O

·
0 Posts
Ah, like on my Scenic already then. I thought they were standard on 99% of cars these days.

So, I already have 'the look'.:cool::d

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Naughty! If you're wfh, that's where you should be.:redcard:

What are flat wiper blades?
True, but I do have 2 excuses:

1. I need to be out anyway as my Puppy is due an injection...
  2. My local Renault dealer is luckily only 5 mins away from my house :)

So I'll be quick :rallying: :)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
I have them on my '07 Laguna II (the spray washers, that is) but interestingly, my parents' recent Laguna III has gone back to jets. Seems a shame as the spray ones seem much more effective.
Are yours mounted on the underside of the trailing edge of the bonnet like the Megane II?

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Ok thanks :)

Here's a crude Paint diagram of the Megane II's washer nozzles.

As you can see, the pipes come straight out from the back of the nozzles, rather than underneath - so the thousands of aftermarket mist-spray nozzles available on eBay etc cannot be used :(

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts