Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all

I am looking into buying just the module (black box) of the regulator system for my 2007 Renault Megane Dynamique drivers side back window.

I am pretty sure the actual motor and the wires etc are fine so the actual module is all I need.

Are the modules all different for each window or left side and right side etc and does anyone know the name of the connected clip/plug that goes into the module from the main connecting wire?

I think I may need to replace this part also as it is a little bit melted. Something must have short circuited somewhere and caused this to happen.

Please help. Cheers

·
Administrator
14,790 Posts
Try ringing round a few scrap yards and see if you would be able to get this part by itself! Might be worth giving it a go... even if its just to know whether you'd be able to get the part!
Or you could try here... http://www.partsgateway.co.uk/ they have breakers that give you quotes for the parts! :)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Are all Renault Black Modules of the Window Regulator System the same?

Can anyone tell me if the actual black module that connects to the window motor of a near side back door of a Megane Grand Scenic would fit a 2007 Renault Megane II Dynamique?

G

·
Re: Are all Renault Black Modules of the Window Regulator System the same?

I guess the only way to tell for sure would be to compare the part numbers

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Are all Renault Black Modules of the Window Regulator System the same?

I guess the only way to tell for sure would be to compare the part numbers
Cheers mate. Where do I find the part number for my own car? I have seen an item on ebay that I may bid on but the seller has also told me to check my part number to see if its the same as the one in the ebay listing.

It is for a drivers side back door wiring loom.

The ebay part was taken from a 2006 Renault Megane Dynamique Estate 1.5 DCI. My car is a 2007 Renault Megane 1.6 Dynamique hatchback.

Do you think this part would be ok for my car?

Thanks for your help :)

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Renault Black Module/Unit for Electric Window - Please Help Quickly

Does anyone know if the black module/unit that attaches to the motor of the window regulator system fits all doors?

What I mean by this is could I take the black module from the front passenger side window and put it in the back window or the back left window and put it in the back right window?

Please get back to me as soon as you can thanks.

BTW the module/unit looks like this:

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Got these on Ebay - Will they work on my car?

Hello

Got these on Ebay recently. Will they work on my car? My car is a Renault Megane II Dynamique 1.6.

The first is a Megane Window motor although I only need the actual black module/unit. I need this for my drivers side back window although in the auction you can see its for the back left window. Will the module still do the same job on the back right window though as I dont actually need the motor? Here is a link to the auction

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/150623591...91320&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

The second is a wiring loom for the drivers side back window. The auction says it for a Renault Dynamique Estate 1.5 DCI. Here is the link to that auction page:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220782746...46284&_sacat=See-All-Categories&_fvi=1&_rdc=1

·
Registered
8 Posts
I know this thread is a little old but the main question doesn't seem to have been answered. Are the window modules the same on all 4 windows? I want to move a working module from passenger side rear to drivers side front. Is there any problems in doing this?

·
Registered
20 Posts
You can swap drivers side modules with passenger side, in the back or the front.
However, fitting one from the rear to the front doesnt work.
(You can fit front ones in the back though)
Mini Cubes www.renaultwindow.co.uk will work in any position, although you'll lose one-touch and total closure if you have it.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have just noticed on the website that it doesn't have one touch control.

I replaced my module with these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Replaceme..._SM&fits=Car+Make:Renault&hash=item338045edcc

The seller also fitted them and that was over a year ago and they still work perfectly. I don't have one touch control with these either but 2 windows now work well without any problems and they are waterproof which the stupid Renault ones aren't.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can swap drivers side modules with passenger side, in the back or the front.
However, fitting one from the rear to the front doesnt work.
(You can fit front ones in the back though)
Thanks for you help! What's the reasoning behind the fact you can put front modules in back but not other way round? Surely it either does the same thing or not?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.