Independent Renault Forums banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
:) I only have the base cd/radio, my nav is plug in 3.5" unit :d
I could say I prefer the dash without a big tv screen in it, but it was really for cost that I didnt get tom tom !

Maybe if you send Ahmed a pm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thank you for help. Same by me. To expensive and low coverage of tom tom maps for Slovenija. And those dvd maps, no no. This sistem cost more than half price and you can have on every navi software as you wish with simple SD card.

But the original stereo sound is still better. As they say less money less music. :)

I understand you, what you mean with big sceen. I have same questions about it. but now it dont look so big. if you look froom outside yoi dont know that is big navi screen.

The little handy gps is still very in. :)

Have a nice day
Matjaž

·
Registered
4 Posts
Further to my Megane III RS Replica Thread here

I thought i'd post some more details about the aftermarket 7" Chinese DVD, GPS headunit. The system is CANBUS enabled and works perfectly with steering wheel controls.

My setup and configuration of the system is as follows:

• Primo 1.2 with latest maps on SD Card.
  • Extended auxiliary RCA video & audio input to a surface mounted plate in the glovebox
  • Extended iPod Connector to the glovebox
  • Replaced the Standard RCA auxiliary port that came with the car, with a USB port connected to this system
  • Reverse camera (Mounted Flush) wired via a voltage regulator.
  • GPS Antenna concealed inside top of the A pillar lining magnetically mounted to car body
Below are some pics of the system and my setup:

And here is a spanish youtube video review of the system by a user in spain.

How is the sound from this headunit? as ive been looking in to buying this myself as im upgrading all my sound system in my 2010 megane coupe.
But dont know if i would be better off buying a standard upgraded headunit instead as it is the sound i am focused on?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi all i pick up my car on sat but as soon as i get it home i want to put in somthing like this and all so dvd players in the head rests, any 1 no were to get them and all so are they any good..

as i had some head rest ones from in bay in my car i got now and the sound was rubbish my kids could not hear them. and all so after 3 week 1 of the dvd players stopped reading dvds ..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same unit (S60) installed in my Megane III Coupe, but I have problems with it. Now I have to wait - the guys at workshop that installed it are now looking for solutions. Three airbag/seetbelt lights don't work, the car flashes 'passenger airbag off' error, radio has the poorest FM reception and I cannot get it to work for more than 2 minutes when the engine is off. The car has a handsfree keycard and when I enter the car, there is no way to turn on the radio without pushing start button or inserting a keycard in the slot. That turns on the radio for about 2 minutes and then it's turned off. Then I have to press start again or remove the keycard and insert it again which is very, very annoying. Does anyone know can it be fixed? The guys at the workshop say it's supposed to be that way :crazy:

Any help is appreciated.
Greetings from Croatia

P.S. Is it possible to change the interface into this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello, Sorry to bump up an old thread.

I just purchased a 2012 Renault Megane and I have just ordered one of these android 7" units.

I am having trouble figuring out how to run the reverse camera wire from the licence plate area to the rear lights.

I removed the boot trim and I cant find the cable anywhere that runs from the licence plate lights into the boot.

Any ideas on how to run the reverse camera from the licence plate area to the boot/rear lights?

Thanks

·
Technical Supremo, Platinum Member
2,805 Posts
Follow the existing wires through the rubber bridge piece and down to lights. Spray some silicone spray into the rubber bridge to aid the wires passage through it or it'll get stuck.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to dig this thread out of the depths of history, but I thought it may be more relevant than starting a new, similar one.

I have a Meganne Tom Tom Dynamique (sat nav screen installed as standard). I want to replace this, and the head unit, to an aftermarket android one (like this one), but upon checkout, they're saying it's not compatible with my car, as it has the original factory screen in.

Does anyone know why? Is it just to do with the control wheel between seats (that I know wouldn't work with the new system)? Is the sizing different?

DESPERATE for a new screen and head unit, but unable to find one!

41 - 59 of 59 Posts