Independent Renault Forums banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,369 Posts
Nice job,well when u get the warning light probs sorted.
and you get dual mph/kmh instant read.
Wonder would it work ok on a diesel,now that I have the overread sorted.
Then again maybe not ,I have enough things to change before a service ,while still under guarantee as it is :)
Ill keep a watch on ebay for a bargain tho,what did it cost?

·
Registered
1 Posts
what about the mileage? did your original mileage get preserved? because the renault technical procedure for changing speedo instructs you to use the clip software. It says to perform a software procedure before removing the speedo and then another software procedure after installing the replacement. This re-configures the new speedo to match your programming on the car.

By not following this step, you may be risking certain things not working properly (specially critical warnings)

So have you got a copy of the technical notice on how to swap the speedo procedure using the clip?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Wintersun.

Knowing fullwell that your post about doing an instrument cluster swap is from 2011 I still have an urge to ask you: did you ever succeed in swapping the cluster AND deleting the numerous errors on the dash?

Reason is: I recently did exactly the same in my megane iii 2013 1.5 dci. Everything worked after the swap: gauges, odometer, lights, recorded milage etc. Except my used second-hand analog odometer is from a identical 2013 megane iii gtline 1.5 dci, which makes my odometer think my car should have xenon (which it doesnt have).

Noone can delete the error or convince my odometer to forget about xenon, so the error (and the service light) is constantly on.

A bit anoying.

Any advice?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi Wintersun.

Knowing fullwell that your post about doing an instrument cluster swap is from 2011 I still have an urge to ask you: did you ever succeed in swapping the cluster AND deleting the numerous errors on the dash?

Reason is: I recently did exactly the same in my megane iii 2013 1.5 dci. Everything worked after the swap: gauges, odometer, lights, recorded milage etc. Except my used second-hand analog odometer is from a identical 2013 megane iii gtline 1.5 dci, which makes my odometer think my car should have xenon (which it doesnt have).

Noone can delete the error or convince my odometer to forget about xenon, so the error (and the service light) is constantly on.

A bit anoying.

Any advice?
Hi, a little late in replying lol,
This was my original post but I can’t remember my old login so since made a new one. I never managed to get the warning lights sorted on my replacement gauges and eventually sold them and used the originals. I no longer have my mégane, did you have any luck?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guess the "drop-in" Thing doesn't work for everyone! Tried the same on a 2012 1.9 dCi and fitted a 1.5 dCi "analog" dash. Mostly, it works, but it persistently Shows a red "error prog" message. Also, when puttin the original dash back in, it Shows "Service required" and a ridiculous mileage. Any ideas?? Many thanks in advance, everyone!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Service required is normal, you can test it by pressing and holding both buttons on the end your wiper stalk (the trip computer buttons)

·
Registered
331 Posts
You should also try the free DDT4ALL software and a USB elm reader if you want to configure your dash correctly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Service required is normal, you can test it by pressing and holding both buttons on the end your wiper stalk (the trip computer buttons)
First off, happy new year! I have my hands back on the car now, time for more experiments, I guess.

Tried the button thing, the message goes away for a split second, then it pops up again. And the mileage is still ridiculous.

·
Registered
5 Posts
You should also try the free DDT4ALL software and a USB elm reader if you want to configure your dash correctly.
I will give it a try, see if it works with my Bluetooth Adapter. One other thing, I also have a CAN Clip clone, the Green PCB variant available. Would that one be able to fix something, or is the Yellow PCB variant required for reconfiguring modules?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Gee, what a heck of a mess I got myself into!

So I finally got 2 proper adapters that work with DDT4all, an USB and a Bluetooth one. I tried playing a little bit yesterday, and I seemed to be able to change configurations on the original digital Speedo: I could disable the "Freeshift" indicator, which was also quite annoying to me sometimes. However, when I plugged in the replacement analog speedo, I could not change anything in the configuration. I would send the write command, the cluster would initialize, but then the same persistent "error prog" message would show up and I would see the same Parameters as before when reading from DDT.

Perhaps I'm doing something worng, or perhaps there is really something wrong with the Speedo I bought off fleabay? I would wonder if the Sw on it could't be re-flashed in case it's been somehow damaged?

Also regarding the ridiculous mileage, would "virginizing" the ABS unit and writing odo to the Speedo with DDT actually work? Or is there more to it actually?

21 - 31 of 31 Posts