Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Last winter my year 2000 megane 1.4 16v battery was disconnected about 4 months. Now battery fully charged but car won't start. Everything else seems to work but immobilizer red led don't do anything. No flashing, no light just dead. What can i do?

·
Premium Member
10,307 Posts
Recheck your work (if any) at the battery.

If the central locking and hazard lights work, check the Alim Uch fuse on the bottom row of fuses inside the car..

If they don't work, check if there's power at that fuse.
If no power, check the fuses at the side of the battery under a black plastic cover.
The connections can corrode. A bit of a nudge to the wires can make a poor connection fail altogether.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I check fuses already but not check voltages. I will do that next time (and recheck fuses also with meter). Does anybody know where i can get wiring diagrams to -oo megane 1.4 16v? Which relay control immobilizer?

·
Premium Member
5,116 Posts
Thanks. I check fuses already but not check voltages. I will do that next time (and recheck fuses also with meter). Does anybody know where i can get wiring diagrams to -oo megane 1.4 16v? Which relay control immobilizer?

Hi, you could try the interweb, as asking for that sort of thing on this Forum is against our rules.

Thank you

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi! Last winter my year 2000 megane 1.4 16v battery was disconnected about 4 months. Now battery fully charged but car won't start. Everything else seems to work but immobilizer red led don't do anything. No flashing, no light just dead. What can i do?
Moi! Viisi vuotta on vierähtänyt, mutta saitko tämän hallintaan? Itselläni samanlainen ongelma. Auto huippuhyvä eli ei viitsisi romuttaa. Kuulin että välttämättä kyseessä ei ole ajoneston sulake vaan jokin näistä muista.

Translated for you
Hi! Five years have passed, but did you get this under control? I have a similar problem. The car is super good, so it wouldn't bother to scrap it. I heard that this is not necessarily an immobilizer fuse but one of these others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts