Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have recently purchased a mk1 phase 2 megane for a bottle of whisky (Bargain at 59,000). The vehicle was running fine a week ago but when I went to collect it yesterday it started fine but then it just konked out after 1minute. I removed the air filter, and removed the spark plugs to see if they were damp after cranking the engine over but they were bone dry. I removed the feed pipe to the injection rail to find it pumping during cranking. So I have come to the conclusion the injectors are not pulsing.

Is this a fair assumption?

Is it a fault with the injectors, ECU? Just seems odd for it to be running then konk out.

Thanks in advance

Donnie

·
Banned
1,875 Posts
The fuel pump relay on this car power's up fuel pump
& ignition coils. Where as engine control relay fires up injectors. If your pump runs at ignition on you should have a 12v feed at coils 1 & 4 iwould be checking engine control relay. Remove control relay
bridge out relay base terminals 3 & 5 try starting car
at this point Hth Regards Mickeybo

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To bridge out do I run a wire across 3 & 5? Thanks for the help, here's hopping it's a nice cheap fix.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just tested relays thanks to YouTube and all 3 are clicking fine. Ordered a set of injectors for £20 fingers crossed. Would the only other option would be ecu if it's not the injectors?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonights progress was that the fuel rail is primed when the ignition is turned on, but when turning the engine over there isn't anymore fuel being supplied to the rail.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts