Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Bought a megane 1 (s reg) for my Mrs about a year ago and the key phob has never locked/unlocked the doors.

We have to unlock via the key then press the clocking button to open all doors/petrol filler cap.

I have been reading up on re-syncing the key but the problem is there is no immobiliser light so I am assuming there is no immobiliser?!?

Now from what I have read you cannot disable the immobiliser permanently so I'm confused.

What are the chances it never had an immobiliser even though it has central locking?

I've checked the glove box and the place to disable with a key has a blanking plate with nothing behind it and I can't find anywhere in the boot either to disable by key.

Any ideas as I'm stumped?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi MrDJ
with ref;
'I have been reading up on re-syncing the key but the problem is there is no immobiliser light so I am assuming there is no immobiliser?!?'
I've been looking for such info on re-syncing with no luck as yet do you have any links i could use please?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what I have noticed is that looking at the underbonnet fuse box from the front of the car there are 2 sets of wires coming from under the whhel arch and the smaller of the 2 has what looks like a 10 pin connector then isnt connected to anything?

Could this be where it has been disabled?

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
I dont know about getting you r fob to work but the switch and the boot or glovebox aplies to the alarm, mine does have immo but no alarm or key switches anywhere.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
out of interest has yours got the unconnected plug from the wiring loom going into the wheel arch?

·
Premium Member
334 Posts
Is your key fob IR (do you have a black dome next to the mirror) or is it RF
if it is RF you reprog the fob via diagnostic comp
If it is RF you would use the LED when the immob was disarmed they would have cut the led wire at the fuse box by your right knee or removed the led from the dash

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
out of interest has yours got the unconnected plug from the wiring loom going into the wheel arch?
Dont know, I will have to go and look, which side do you have a loose connector?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is your key fob IR (do you have a black dome next to the mirror) or is it RF
if it is RF you reprog the fob via diagnostic comp
If it is RF you would use the LED when the immob was disarmed they would have cut the led wire at the fuse box by your right knee or removed the led from the dash
The problem is if I reconnect the led I still don't think it will work as pressing the unlock/lock button for 10 seconds on the dash doesn't do the unlock/lock bit in the re-programming instructions?

Dont know, I will have to go and look, which side do you have a loose connector?
In the fuse box under the bonnet I have a connector coming from the wiring loom unconnected which comes from the passenger side wheel arch?

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
I have 2 loose connectors inside the fuse box, a large gray one and a smaller black one:

Attachments

Reactions: MrDJ

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
cheers mate, I have the same - I can rule that out now if your central locking/immob is working ok..

·
La sola lupo
2,521 Posts
Mine works fine after I resync'ed the key as described on the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts