Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I've got a 2009 Megane MK3 world series, the same as this pic (not actually my one)

I was wondering if its possible to replace the silver trim on the front without buying a whole new front bumper. I was wanting it in black the same as the rest of the trim around the car. My plan was to get that piece in black and then get black alloys with a pinstripe blue that I think would look pretty good. The wheels I'm interested can be found here https://www.wheelbasealloys.com/alloy-wheels/calibre/friction/black-blue/17-inch

The thing is I don't want black alloys if I can't get that bit of trim in black, if anyone knows if its possible to change it and where I can find it to buy I would really appreciate it. My hours of googling have turned up nothing

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bumping so I don't have to make a new thread

So I've been unable to find that front bit and I've decided I'm just going to plasti dip it black along with the rest of the trim and badges. My new problem is I don't know how to take it off and I would rather not have to take the whole bumper off. Does anyone know how the silver bit in the picture is kept in place, clips or screws or is it even removable?

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
We have had this before on here.
If memory serves, its Megane front fog light surrounds

Try that on Tbay.
Might give a picture, of both sides, would say they clip in, but it will certainly need bumper removing to get them off.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
We have had this before on here.
If memory serves, its Megane front fog light surrounds

Try that on Tbay.
Might give a picture, of both sides, would say they clip in, but it will certainly need bumper removing to get them off.
Thanks for the help. After searching for fog light surrounds I found what I was looking for but they're apparently called grill surround trim or something to that effect. Cant find any sellers though, I was hoping to keep a set in original silver but I suppose since I'm going to using plasti dip if I don't like it I can just peel it off

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
41,500 Posts
Dont forget the before and after pictures, we Luv pictures ..
Good luck with it...

Reactions: funkoval
1 - 5 of 5 Posts