Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having bought a 'damaged' mk3 megane knight I have found 10 wires that have been ripped from their connectors! (Pic 1)
They are hanging by the front nearside wheel (behind the splash guard... if it were still there!)(pic 2) red arrow.
I think that they must connect to the DRL's and fog lights, (6 for DRL's and 4 for fog lights??)as the only damage to the car is; missing nearside part of bumper, n/s drl, headlight (headlight connectors still in place) and fog light gone, front of n/s splash guard gone air intake tube gone... bent wing. Starts and drives fine; no dash warning lights.
Pic 3:From the bumper I have this 6 pin connector plug which goes to the two DLR plugs (so I assume that 6 of the wires in pic 1 connect to this?), however, the connectors to the fog lights have gone... the two wires on the left of the picture connect to the o/s fog light plug.
pic 4: There are also two sets to three wires which have been ripped from somewhere, the one with the plug still on has wires of the same colour (at the other end) as one of the DRL connections....do these also connect to the DRL's some how?

Does anyone know how all of this connects together please?
I assume also that fuses will have blown somewhere!! but think that if I can connect lights first, then testing for fuses should be easier...

Many thanks, Gary.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK.. Feel a bit silly now!... after LOTS of searching I find that...
Most of the 10 wires I thought connected to lights are for the front parking sensors! nothing to do with lights!!
The only light connections here are for the front fog lights, I have found which, and fog lights work fine.

The other 'two sets of three wires' (mentioned in my first post, as pictured below) are definitely to do with the DRL's; when engine is started I have a 12v supply when DRL's enabled which turns off when side lights are turned on, or DRL's not selected on menu. The DRL's light.
The only part I can't get to work is the dim DRL's (when the side/headlights are turned on) As there is no connection to the side light in the headlight, I assume the drl's on this car must dim to act as position (side) lights
I can't find any info on how this happens using the info I have. I have added pictures of the USM (284b620r--a) is there a fuse/connection here that controls the 'dimming'? Or is it done by the 'passenger compartment computer' UHC, and (again) which fuse/connection?

one other question; when the DRL's are on (daytime), should the rear sidelights also come on?
Many thanks for any ideas!!
Gary

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,441 Posts
On my Laguna, DRL's are separate bulbs completely to the side lamps.

Rear sides do not operate when DRL's are on.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your info. Fraser L
The DRL's on mine are the LED type next to the fog light (sort of 'L' shaped) so no DRL bulb in the headlight.
There is no wiring to the side light bulb in the headlight; the led DRL's dim to become the side lights.
I would like to know the connections that enable this dimming to happen!
the only other way i can think of is to wire in a 'aftermarket' DRL controller, but would much rather find the correct connections on the car!
Gary

1 - 4 of 4 Posts