Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Hi

Sorry for my bad English

I have a problem on mine Megane MK3 DCi 1.5 90HP 2010 Model

I got error code p0380 glow plug heater circuit A Type powertrain

I replaced all 4 glow plugs but error is still there. I can clear it but as soon i start the car it cames up again.

Now i want to replace Glow Plug Module Relay but i dont know where it is located on my car.

Anyone here have wiring diagram where the relay is located?

I got one used for testing only to see if code dissapears so i can buy new one.

Or is it any fuses located somewhere that maybe are blown?

please help.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Don't worry about your English, it's much better than my Swedish.

There doesn't appear to be a relay as such, The whole system is fed by a 70A fuse, namely F2 in the Engine fuse and relay box. This then goes to the "Preheating Control unit" which is situated in front of the engine " Fuse and Relay Box" (more towards the front of the car) and underneath the big fat engine air intake pipe.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OH ok guys thanks. But mine is with double connectors not single one. Ok i will check front of the car as soon i get replacement part. When i fix the fault i will write it here what problem was. Thanks for the fast response guys

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
UPDATE

I replaced relay still same error
I found 2 cables going into ECU that is broken. Fixed the cables still same error

I know that there is somewhere a fuse called PREHEAT FUSE but i dont know where they are located. I think maybe a fuse is blown because of those 2 cables that had contact with eachother so maybe fuse are blown.

Here is the pic how cables look like when i found them

·
Registered
283 Posts
This is what all the wires do in your 8-pin connector
Pin 1= preheater 3 power
Pin 2 = preheater 1 power
Pin 3 = pre heater relay diagnostic signal
Pin 4 = your main power input for the whole unit, it's the thickest wire protected by fuse 2 (70A) in the engine bay fuse box.
Pin 5 = cylinder sensor
Pin 6 = preheater 4 power
Pin 7 = preheater 2 power
Pin 8 = pre heater relay control

iirc your cylinders count 1-4 from RIGHT to left

If fuse 2 was blown, your vehicle wouldn't start.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
This is what all the wires do in your 8-pin connector
Pin 1= preheater 3 power
Pin 2 = preheater 1 power
Pin 3 = pre heater relay diagnostic signal
Pin 4 = your main power input for the whole unit, it's the thickest wire protected by fuse 2 (70A) in the engine bay fuse box.
Pin 5 = cylinder sensor
Pin 6 = preheater 4 power
Pin 7 = preheater 2 power
Pin 8 = pre heater relay control

iirc your cylinders count 1-4 from RIGHT to left

If fuse 2 was blown, your vehicle wouldn't start.
OK thanks for your answer. So i can forget about FUSE thingy :)

Then i will leave my car to the local car dealer for repair. Im not good with measuring electronics so they can search for the fault.

P0380 is not Renault CODE it could be anything. I have booked 4th December for the fault to be fixed. I will come back here and write what the fault was.

I did what i could to fix but seems not enough.

BTW i dont even have check engine light on so its really wierd fault.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,472 Posts
P0380 = Renault Fault code.. BUT its a diagnostic line fault

Its how the ECU monitors the GLOW plugs

THIS was a NEW glow plug relay unit..
If used , blame the relay unit..
As that is the first part of the relay unit that fails..
Can even be seen on some, the rubber/plastic covering the chips swells ( Reverse side of your picture )

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
P0380 = Renault Fault code.. BUT its a diagnostic line fault

Its how the ECU monitors the GLOW plugs

THIS was a NEW glow plug relay unit..
If used , blame the relay unit..
As that is the first part of the relay unit that fails..
Can even be seen on some, the rubber/plastic covering the chips swells ( Reverse side of your picture )
No its not new its used RELAY and its from car junkyard company that sells "not broken" :) parts. But after i visited local cardealer 4th DEC i will tell you what problem was. I have a 1 year warranty
on this part even if its used. So if they found out that even this one is faulty i will get my money back and buy a new one.

BTW the picture is a part of ECU harness going into ECU 3rd from top and not harness connected to the RELAY

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Good find ,,

Was that to the Main Ecu ( Engine control module )
Yes it was. It was bottom socket from the top of the ECU. I dont know what those cables is for but i fixed them. I thougt that was the fault but not. I will recheck tomorow glowplugs again if i connected them properly. BTW GlowPlugs i removed was BERU and new one is BOSCH.

·
Super fantastic Mod Technical Supremo Nice Guy
38,472 Posts
Yes it was. It was bottom socket from the top of the ECU. I dont know what those cables is for but i fixed them. I thougt that was the fault but not. I will recheck tomorow glowplugs again if i connected them properly. BTW GlowPlugs i removed was BERU and new one is BOSCH.
BUT both 12 volt plugs,
NOT come across 11 volt glow plugs on a Megane, Clio yes.. but just check, if you still have your old ones..

1 - 20 of 47 Posts