Independent Renault Forums banner

Megane MK3 P0470 - Exhaust pressure sensor

17K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Crystalbath 
#1 ·
Hey everyone

Hope you can help. I have a Megane MK3 2011 1.5dci 110Bhp which has within the last month or so developed the fault code P0470 and P0471(95). I had initially thought this was the result of me using fuel additives and throwing the balence of exhaust pressure off somehow. I realised this wasn't it.

I've changed the MAP Sensor thought speaking to a friend and it does idle much better now but sadly underload this error code keeps appears with "hazard engine failure" on the dash. Sometimes with yellow spanner and sometimes not. To add to this if this message pops up when driving on the motorway you can clear it by dropping a gear and going to high rpm.

What I've been doing is clearing the code via on OBD2 Reader so that I can see how this is triggered too. Basically on sensible or sensitive driving this doesn't trip the warning but if I apply more acceleration when leaving a stand still or in second gear this will cause of to trip around 2500 to 3000rpm.

I've tried locating the sensor which has proven impossible too from my experience.

If anyone has had any experience with this or even any ideas it would be appreciated

Cheers everyone

See less See more
#4 ·
I had all the same issues for months until today on my mk3 Laguna 1.5dci all pipes and sensors were checked and all fine you have an injector on the bottom right side of your engine this flows fuel into exhaust to get to 600 deg to clear your soot in DPF allowing your car to regen. When this plug was removed we found that the hole was full of carbon and needed to be scrapped out to free up the hole to allow fuel in.
Hopefully this helps.
Also was told my car was not getting to temperature also as thermostat was stuck open temp needle needs to get to half way on your clock.
Good luck.

#6 ·
Hi Crystalbath
I have exactly the same issue as yourself.
I have had the exhaust pressure sensor replaced and a dpf clean done.
The car runs fine. Go above 2k revs and the light comes on again, but the car runs great.
How did you get on?
Hi, My fault sadly got fixed by Renault (Arnold Clark) despite all efforts to fix it myself. I'll keep it short and sweet.

I had been clearing the fault with an OBD2 reader but naturally it kept coming back.

The Mégane went for its MOT and the warning popped up like a Christmas light show. They replaced the hose to the pressure sensor and the actual sensor it's self. The most painful part about that it was £440 all in which is extremely painful.

I recently got a Haynes manual to try and avoid this in the future because I would to be able to actually fix these issues myself but even in that I couldn't find any related sections/walk through. To be fair though it was a quick look through before I had to go out.

Sorry for the bummer of a response but if you do have any success let me know. I'll recheck the book tonight and see if it mentions anything and if so I'll drop you a message.

#7 ·
Hi, My fault sadly got fixed by Renault (Arnold Clark) despite all efforts to fix it myself. I'll keep it short and sweet.

I had been clearing the fault with an OBD2 reader but naturally it kept coming back.

The Mégane went for its MOT and the warning popped up like a Christmas light show. They replaced the hose to the pressure sensor and the actual sensor it's self. The most painful part about that it was £440 all in which is extremely painful.

I recently got a Haynes manual to try and avoid this in the future because I would to be able to actually fix these issues myself but even in that I couldn't find any related sections/walk through. To be fair though it was a quick look through before I had to go out.

Sorry for the bummer of a response but if you do have any success let me know. I'll recheck the book tonight and see if it mentions anything and if so I'll drop you a message.
Have you had the issue since?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.