Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, i'm new to the forum, and would say proud owner of a Megane MK3 Left hand drive but... On the drivers side the carpet that covers the floor storage is wet, on the passenger side the same carpet is dry but everything beneath it is soaking wet. The scuttle drains are clear so i pulled them out ( and they are a hand width tall ) and to my big surprise there is no rubber hose that would guide the water to the bottom of the car. Instead the water is guided to the upper metal side of the wheel arch, so my guess is that somewhere the glue that's applied to water protect the space between 2 metal plates is lose. I was thinking to somehow fabricate a rubber hose and attach it to the end of the one in the picture but there is no space to squeeze it down 馃槦 Has anyone had a similar problem? What can i do?

Sexy at 70 super duper mod..
Dont know what happened here with my moderation board..this was only part of your original post your post disappeared when I quoted your post to reply..I have tried to put back what you have posted but I am unable to get the post back..please would you repost the thread back up so we can try to help you with your problem..
Many apologies..馃檪

Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
I have tried to put back what you have posted but I am unable to get the post back..
鈥.
Not trying hard enough boyo.
It's back where it should be.

Haven't heard of that one before.
No piccie either?

Can't see why you cannot attach a suitable hose to guide the drainage lower but not sure what you mean by no room?
On other Renaults, removing the inner wheel arch covers leave the drain fully exposed.

Don't leave the carpets wet (probably don't need to say that)
A wet and dry vacuum if you have one, if not, car valeters will, will get much of the water out.
Old newspapers and replace often to soak up.
Clay based cat litter in a tray will absorb humidity, can dry in oven and re-use... new not second hand BTW.
If you are really feeling adventurous, get out the carpets and dry off the underfelt.

鈥.

No piccie either?

Can't see why you cannot attach a suitable hose to guide the drainage lower but not sure what you mean by no room?
On other Renaults, removing the inner wheel arch covers leave the drain fully exposed.

A wet and dry vacuum if you have one, if not, car valeters will, will get much of the water out.
Clay based cat litter in a tray will absorb humidity, can dry in oven and re-use... new not second hand BTW.
If you are really feeling adventurous, get out the carpets and dry off the underfelt.
Thankyou kindly sir..not really sure what happened..馃槑

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
鈥.

No piccie either?

I wasn't allowed to upload a pic since it was my first post.

This is the "sink" :) the scuttle drain and this is only what is in the scuttle drain hole, no pipe underneath it, i took out the drivers side and same thing there. Before i pulled out this i pulled off the inner wheel arch cover and the only drain pipe in there is the sunroof drain. Water from this scuttle drain flows freely on top of the wheel arch which i assume connect's with the firewall that separates the cabin from the engine bay. The space at the lower point is one finger width and the diameter of the scuttle drain sink from the pic is much bigger.

1.The dark "stain" in the hole is where the water from the scuttle drain flows on the top part of the wheel arch.
2.The "brown" line in the hole is the sealant that the factory put on i assume where the 2 metal's meet and i assume somewhere in that hole is yet again another of this sealant's.
3.Below this line you can see a part of the sunroof drain pipe
4. And the scuttle drain water flows below that pipe.
Can't make a better pic.

Thanks for the pics..on the bottom pic was it like that when you investigated it..needs sticking back to the correct position if it was..

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the pics..on the bottom pic was it like that when you investigated it..needs sticking back to the correct position if it was..
When i pulled out the rubber from first pic, what you see on the last pic is what it was. You are saying that i need to glue back the scuttle drain rubber to it's position?

When i pulled out the rubber from first pic, what you see on the last pic is what it was. You are saying that i need to glue back the scuttle drain rubber to it's position?
Looks to me that the fitting was glued in place..may be wrong,,there seems to me that there are remnants of old adhesive there check it out yourself..make sure you remove all old adhesive first before gluing it back inplace..

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Looks to me that the fitting was glued in place..may be wrong,,there seems to me that there are remnants of old adhesive there check it out yourself..make sure you remove all old adhesive first before gluing it back inplace..
There is no adhesive at all it was just pushed in and that's it, same on the other side. What you see on the pic is either dirt either reflection from the flash light.
Btw. i'm planing to glue them in place just in case, will simple silicone that's used for bathrooms work? I'm not sure how freeze resistant it is.

There is no adhesive at all it was just pushed in and that's it, same on the other side. What you see on the pic is either dirt either reflection from the flash light.
Btw. i'm planing to glue them in place just in case, will simple silicone that's used for bathrooms work? I'm not sure how freeze resistant it is.
Good adhesive..use it on cars many times and had good success with it..馃憤

1 - 10 of 10 Posts