Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an issue that only the driver side Parking Brake is operating. The passenger side is stuck on. The warning Check Parking Brake is active. The red indicator on the parking button also does not come on.
Are there separate fuses for each brake?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,747 Posts
Okay
So you have the piggy back motor on each caliper.
Which means that either the connection is faulty or the motor is.
AFAIK, there are not separate fuses... may be wrong but fairly certain.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the information. It could be a connection problem, the floor has been damp at some stage. I find it strange that the switch indicator light has also stopped working but the switch still works.
Is there any way to manually release the brake so that I can get it to a garage?

·
Super Moderator Technical Supremo Platinum Member
23,747 Posts
Is there any way to manually release the brake so that I can get it to a garage?
Not an easy way.
You can take off the connector on the motor and try a 12v supply across the pins.... if the motor is okay you can wind it back that way.
Some types you can remove the motor and wind back the caliper a little from under it but not looked at a Meg version so not sure if that is possible.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not an easy way.
You can take off the connector on the motor and try a 12v supply across the pins....
I did take off the connector and used a battery to release the brake, it work okay. So the motor is is fine.
I have managed to move it into the garage now so can try and find the connection problem.
Thanks for your help.

Stuart.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts