Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
i'm new to this forum,
I have a 2003 1.6 16v, the problem is when i'm driving it with wipers on, lights etc it keeps cutting out when pulling up at the lights etc, but without lights on etc it's o.k!
anyone got any ideas on this?

cheers
neil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it's fine. Leaving it tick over on the drive with everything on its o.k. But i have noticed that when driving it (no lights etc on) it does idle a bit eratically like it's ready to cut out

cheers
neil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking now it could be just be spark plugs. I've only had the car 2 wks, it's done 33,000 miles with the last service being at 18,000 but that was almost 2 yrs ago, so maybe a good service will sort it out (he hopes) what oil do you recommend, and any additives etc?

cheers
neil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I spoke to a friend who works in a garage and he says it could be a loads of things e.g idle control valve and doubts spark plugs.he dos'nt want to mess with it, so it's going in to renault tommorow to be checked out. I pulled up at the lights earlier and the revs just dropped straight down to 0 and cut out,but i've just left it running on the drive for about half hour and it idles o.k! even when revving up to about 4000 rpm then letting it drop back down it settles nicely at 750rpm!

cheers
neil.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The battery light comes on when it cuts out. I took it in to the garage that the person uses where i got the car from (trade) on saturday and they cleaned out the idle control valve but a day later it was just the same again. tuesday i took it to have a full service at a friends garage, and saturday it's going back to the garage to be put on the diognostics, but have told them to order an idle control valve so if it is that then they can do it straight away.
From all the people i've talked to they all say it's a common fault on them, anyone else had this problem?

cheers
neil.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts