Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I bought my 03 megane in April from a non-dealer garage. This evening I went out to find my lights flashing and aloud tapping noise coming form the engine just to the right of the battery. The dash says there is an immobiliser fault. My brother is an electrician and had a look at it and say the noise is coming from a relay switch. He examined the fusebox in the engine and they were very damp.

Eventhough it looks so well and I love driving it I am really fed up with this car. This is the 3rd time i will have to return it to the garage. 1st time water in the fusebox ran the battery down. 2nd time the wiper motor burnt out. I have a 6 month warranty on the car and am looking for advice on how is the best way to approach getting my money back. I honestly have lost all confidence in the car.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

·
Random Visitor
2,610 Posts
speak to the garage owner or if they are a recognised chain see if they have a customer services department you can ring

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks lads for your replies.

Threw a wobbler when i got to the garage, said that I was finished with the car and wanted my money back or dealt another car. Salesman offered me a full year extended warranty with roadside assistance just to buy himself time so they could have a look at the car.

Anyway they checked out the car and the problem was that water was still getting into the fusebox. Under the front left wheel arch there is a cap big enough to fit a hand so you can get at the front lamps. Anyway my cap was gone and water spray was getting into the external fusebox, causing it to short circuit.

So they replaced it with a new fusebox, resealed it and fitted a new cap. At least the extended warranty gives me a little peace of mind and just hope thats the end of the problem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts