Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wifes 2000 rear drivers side door lock has jammed shut, I've (as usual) been tasked to "get it sorted out you useless slob"

Reading round I know I'm gonna have to get the door card off, disconnect the central locking solenoid, remove some kind of white sheild then break the "black thingy-ma-bob" on the lock to get it free. Problem is on ebay the breakers talk about rod and cable operated locks.

So what is it thats operated by rods or cables? the inside door handle, or everything? just so I can get hold of the right bits before tackling this.

Also may seem like a strange question but is it easier to remove the door glass before progressing, or just leave it up?

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Some door locks have cable connections similar to that on a bicycle whilst other have rods. Once you have the inner door card removed all will be revealed. Leave the glass in situ., fully closed.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm an engineer by trade so I understand the difference between rod and bowden cable operation, what I'm trying to ascertain is:

Is it particular model years that the rod or cable difference applies to, and like I asked is it just in relation to one linkage, (such as the internal door pull), or all linkages attached to the catch mechanism?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts