Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
As the title suggests I'd heard a whistling noise when accelerating thru the gears in my 02 Scenic Fidji.Today the engine gave a pop! then lost a lot of power at 60mph going from 4th to 5th when overtaking at 60mph,(on the wrong side of the road!)There was a fair bit of white smoke coming from the exhaust as well,so I pulled back in and crawled to the next layby.The engine sounded a bit rattly but after switching off and restarting 5 minutes later it ticked over OK but was rattly again if I pressed the accelerator,I crawled along to the local garage where it will be looked at tomorrow(monday)
does anybody have any ideas as to what the problem might be?
Thanks in advance
Mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Chris thanks for your reply unfortunately the garage have advised that the turbo has gone and are quoting £600 & labour for a new one:steam:
mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh well,suppose it could have been worse then:eek:
BTW have you ,or anyone else got any idea how much ££/many hours labour is involved-I've got a gut feeling I'm looking at a bill for around a grand:confused:
Cheers
mike

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks David,got car back today -bill to follow,maybe it won't be as much as I'd feared!!:d
Mike

J

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Mike. With luck you have blown a seal on the inlet. My first thought was turbo failure but they are usually more catastrophic so I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Hopefully your initial thought will be right Chris......

Fingers crossed its not the turbo....:eek:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts