Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help.

The exhaust manifold on my '99 Megane Scenic Alize is cracked. It has obviously been welded before and has gone again.

I haven't had quotes yet but I cannot imagine will be that cheap to have garage replace so thought I would have a go myself.

Does anyone know a good source for a new part and new gaskets on this or would ebay be the way to go for s/h do you think? I'm not precisely sure of the part number either...!

Also is this easy? I'm reasonably handy although no mechanic but this looks like bolts out - remove old - fit new part to me?

I've got the haynes and this looks alright although is a "four spanner" difficulty. If I've missed guide here I'd love to see that.

I'd be really grateful for any help!

Cheers,

RDM

·
Premium Member
7,182 Posts
No, the gasket comes on its own.

They are available on ebay.

If the nuts do shear off you will need a stud extractor, if they shear off flush with the head its a nightmare!

Give them a good soaking in plus gas or similar first.

·
Registered
40 Posts
just interested , having the same issue , did you go ahead with this Rainydaymegane , and if so did you have any issues with it, certainly looks like biggest issue would bynot being able to get the bolts off to me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.