Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
I have a T plate 1.6e petrol megane scenic. It has developed an oil leak on the back of the engine around the alternator. This is causing the alternator and belts to be covered in oil .
Is this the head gasket or something else. The car runs fine but the alternator and belts are noisey

·
La sola lupo
85 R11TS, 85 R9TXE, 97 Extra 1,9D, 97 Megane 2.0 RXE, 02 Clio 1,2 16V
1,804 Posts
Hi All
I have a T plate 1.6e petrol megane scenic. It has developed an oil leak on the back of the engine around the alternator. This is causing the alternator and belts to be covered in oil .
Is this the head gasket or something else. The car runs fine but the alternator and belts are noisey
Check if it is not the power steering.
Im currently working on one where the powersteering pump leaks on the shaft and makes it look a massive oil leak from the engine

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The power steering pump does have a leak, any ideas where I can get one of these at a reasonable price?

Also the dip stick keeps popping up! (prob to much back pressure) can the oil escape from there? and is there a solution to the pressure that doesn't involve an engine rebuild?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.