Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help.

Got a second-hand 2001 scenic off a friend. Took it out yesterday and pressed button to bring window down but now Driver's window is refusing to come back up. There's still a whirring motor sound when you press the button, but no show of the glass.
Have read previous advice about removing fuses for newer scenics, causing the window to go up - but I've no idea which is the right fuse. There's four 25amp white fuses labelled as 'windows'. Any idea which is the right one, or whether this is the right solution for a 2001 scenic where the motor's still whirring?

Should I just take it to garage!?

Please help - I'm very clueless!

P

·
0 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
No you don't have to take the door off! :eek: like Pat said take the interior door panel off :).

Unclip the speaker cover and remove the speaker there a 4 torx screws that hold it to the door.

Remove the 2 torx screws from the bottom off the door card.

Remove the door handle and the switch panel these are also held in place with torx screws.

I find it easier to remove the mirror switch and disconnect it before removing the door card.[FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Carefully prise off the plastic cover that covers the mirror connections. Might be best to pull of so far then spray some WD40 or similar on the lugs to lubricate and then push back into place and then remove as the lugs quite often break off.

Then starting from the bottom of the door card work your way round carefully prising off the plastic pop fittings. I use a trim removal tool as it makes it easier.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot - this really helped - yeah turned out the plastic feeder bit had broken off - ordered the replacement off Ebay from a mechanic called Alan - excellent. Was amazed that I was able to fix it myself and save a load of cash.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts