Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I remove the original stereo from the car several years ago and replaced it with a Sony unit.Now the Sony has gone to stereo heaven I went to install the original back in to fill the gap between getting a new one.I removed the wiring loom that came with the Sony,leaving the two original connectors.I put the connections into the back of the Renault unit and nothing happened.I hve got power as the light around the buttons on the unit come on,but I have got nothing on the dash asking me for the code.Is there another wire that I have forgotton to put into the rear of the unit for the steering wheel controls?
The vehicle is a 98 model.Also does anyone know of a web site that will generate the radio codes for our Renaults?

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
Hi Bley eyes, yes generally as a rule the are 3 connectors the power and speakers may be joined together though, there would be 2 blocks of eight and 1 long connector to the side and this does the remote stalk and display pannel.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I remove the original stereo from the car several years ago and replaced it with a Sony unit.Now the Sony has gone to stereo heaven I went to install the original back in to fill the gap between getting a new one.I removed the wiring loom that came with the Sony,leaving the two original connectors.I put the connections into the back of the Renault unit and nothing happened.I hve got power as the light around the buttons on the unit come on,but I have got nothing on the dash asking me for the code.Is there another wire that I have forgotton to put into the rear of the unit for the steering wheel controls?
The vehicle is a 98 model.Also does anyone know of a web site that will generate the radio codes for our Renaults?

Hi m8 you will get your radio code from the service manual you got with your car in the inside front page

1 - 3 of 3 Posts