Independent Renault Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving to work this morning notice an ingress of water in the footwell passenger side front. It appears it is coming from under the left dashboard and/or glove compartment. Not noticed this before, but maybe due to the heavy rain we had during the night. Can anyone give advice. Is this a serious problem, or maybe a blockage from such as leaf material, or other. Thank you.

·
Diamond dismember
221 Posts
Water ingress seems to be a common problem, as I've seen on quite a few threads kicking about here.

Could be some clogged drain hoses leading from the sunroof (if you have one) or the bottom of the windscreen, to the rear sides of the front wheel arches.

First place to look would be the wheel arches.
Have a look at http://www.renaultforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1419&page=2 for inspiration. :)

·
Premium Member
24,215 Posts
The most likely problem is due to blocked drains in the windscreen scuttle panel. They are prone to becoming blocked with leaves and road debris. So before hauling off the wheel arch liners check the holes in either corner of the area under the scuttle first. In most cases a clean out or a few pokes with a stiff piece of wire and a flush out the problem can be cured. This is a fairly common problem and not just on Renaults.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the responses so far. Luckily I have a neighbour who has a pneumatic machine with air blowers. I have done a remedial job already, and since the rain has stopped, the footwell has dried, although the floor box is still damp. The dripping as also stopped. It appears that it was as described above. So again thank you. Still happy to receive other thoughts if any. Chris

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
if you have a sunroof, i'd suggest 2/3 mtrs of curtain wire (the type you cut to size and screw hooks into) slip this down the drain channels as they do become blocked !!
behind the wheel arches are little rubber valves that collect the road spray/crud and block up...
a few prods with the wire should clear them...

rgds

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.