Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya my car has been doing exactly the same thing, i have a scenic megane 05. it gets to about 8 miles an hour and then loses power but after a couple of seconds with my foot to the floor the power accelerates and then it does it again at 20 miles an hour and then 30 miles an hour etc etc. ive taken it to the garage and their computer says coil problem but i had all of them changed a couple of months ago. it also judders when stationary at the traffic lights and it is really dangerous, i dont know what the problem is or how to fix it, ive had all the pipes cleaned a new fan fixed, it only started doing it a couple of months ago and it is getting worse, please help.

R

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum :)

It might be worth removing the TDC sensor and giving it a good clean.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that, where is it located because the garage I took it too cleaned out all the pipes and other nits in my engine and I think this sensor was one of them.

R

·
0 Posts
I would think it should be at the top of the gear box bell housing just below the cylinder head.

What engine is yours?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a 1.4, ive taken it to the garage today to check to TDC sensor so i hope it is that otherwise ill be at a loss

·
Registered
66 Posts
its a 1.4, ive taken it to the garage today to check to TDC sensor so i hope it is that otherwise ill be at a loss
i have a simialr problem with my megane 1.5 dci 03 plate....some days it drives fine some days it judders slightly..on starting the car in the morning you can see that the engine idles eratically, sometimes the engine cuts out , sometimes it doesnt...once the car gets warm it seems to drive fine, however if you are at the lights or staionary, you can feel the engine like it misses slightly,....ive changed the car battery, changed glow plugs, ive cleaned the tdc sensor as well as it had some small metal filings on it..but it still does the same...im getting really fed up as i dont want to keep spending more money on it, in fact im thinking of selling it and cutting my losses...any ideas guys...someone said try the coolant sensor..., how can you tell if the tdc sensor is knackered ?....i supppose diagnostics from the renault dealer.?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts