Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey every1.
today i done a diy service on my megane and for some reason when i took the car out the break pedal was unmoveable and the car kept on rolling:crazy:
i only changed the air filter and plugs!
when i checked there was a hose that goes over the air filter unit, which appears to go into the head. i had trapped this underneath whilst reassembling the air filter unit.
i put it back to its original position and the breaks worked fine:confused:
can any1 put my mind at ease and confirm that this is part of the breaking system thankyou

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
I guess you blocked your brake servo pipe so no brakes unless you could press the pedal really hard ..

Regards

Ottoman

·
RIP 31-12-2008
5,807 Posts
Spot on jay, this is the hose that connects to the vacuum servo which looks something like a land mine and is normally on the right hand side of the engine bay,
Regards Leroy

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
My oldest car doesn't have a servo - so you really appreciate the need for braking distances...and disposable underpants!:d

Just as well you found out without major consequences.

Paul:)

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
My oldest car doesn't have a servo - so you really appreciate the need for braking distances...and disposable underpants!:d

Just as well you found out without major consequences.

Need to eat-up your porridge in the mornings then Paul, youll be moaning about a lack of power steering next :d

Its funny how we forget , I learned to drive in my mums Triumph Vitesse, no power steering, no servo brakes although they were disks, no ABS, crap heater, no heated rear window, rubber "bulb" foot pedal for the screen wash, single speed wipers, lap belts .... oh and the bonnet fell off every time you had to check the water, because the hinge mounts at the front had rusted through ... but it had a 1600 straight six and a 4 speed box with switchable electric overdrive on 3 & 4 .... Ah heaven and big muscles :cool:

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Oh, I know what you mean - 5 miles in this car = an hour's workout at the gym!

Here's a view of the dash (how many plastic trees were felled, I wonder?;)

Lovely view of the dials when there's no airbag blocking the way...

Nostalgia sure ain't what it used to be!:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Plastic trees :eek: .... it was the real McCoy Paul, ... alder if I remember .... but then again I was but a mere child :p

·
Premium Member
1,854 Posts
Oh, I know what you mean - 5 miles in this car = an hour's workout at the gym!

Here's a view of the dash (how many plastic trees were felled, I wonder?;)

Lovely view of the dials when there's no airbag blocking the way...

Nostalgia sure ain't what it used to be!:rolleyes:

I see you've hot-wired it then?

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
No, no - I can see what you mean, but its actually a plastic decoration that the former owner's daughter made and had attached to the key ring.

If you look closely, you will see the Toyota key ring.

Its a great wee car, I just wish I had more time to drive it around.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts