Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We sent our car in for repair on the rear wheel arches we have picked it up today and in a certain light the paint looks very different to the origional.

it looks darker.:confused:

can any one let me know what I should do

I have tried to post some pics but dont seem to be able to...

cheers guys

Attachments

P

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the forum

If you haven't already, see what the bodyshop has to say before you do anything yourself :)

PS...if you scroll down below the submit button, you will find a manage attachments button

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the guy from the body shop said leave it a few days and it will be ok...

we are just a bit worried because of the difference

P

·
0 Posts
I'd wait the couple of days and if your still not happy, take it back and ask him to sort it out.

If you've done as he suggested then he should have no excuse not to fix it

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Judging between the bodywork and rear bumper the colour shade is miles out and judging from the photographs it will never match correctly.

I appreciate existing paintwork can change over time but a good painter can usually get a good match or blend it out so it's not so noticable.

I've forgotten how many times I've heard the old excuse trotted out "give it a couple of days"
- take it back and complain now.:)

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
The colour match is horrific,I'd agree with the above and get it back to the bodyshop asap and tell them to correct their mistake.

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
I'll just say this. We use a friends bodyshop on a regular basis, and ALL of our vehicles come out with correct colour and blending straight away. If we went to pick a car up which had a paint job like yours, then we wouldn't take it untill the job had been done properly.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to let you know we took the car back to the spray shop today and the guy that did it has said he knows what he has done wrong and will sort it tomorrow for us.

fingers crossed he really does know how to fix it...

he does seem genuine and I know people who have had great jobs done by him in the past...

·
Universal
2,026 Posts
Well everyone makes mistakes, and it wouldn't surprise me if he had knew the whole time and just asked you to wait for a few days so that he could try and fit it in.

Atleast the car is getting sorted out now.

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
If I was taking a guess as to what's happened, I'd say the painter has used the wrong colour of primer (often referred to as a 'value shade').

There is a range of primers from white, through grey to black - choose the 'wrong' one (in this case, a darker one), and it will influence the basecost applied on top.

Apart from the mismatch, the sprayer's technique looks good, so fingers crossed it'll be all right on the night.

Paul

1 - 11 of 11 Posts