Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a Megane 1.6 RT Classic and it wont start. The car turns over fine but refuses to start. There is a fast clicking noise coming from a relay in the black box that is at the right hand side of the engine compartment. I thought I was clever enough and got a replacement only to find that it didn't cure the problem. About 12days ago the car was mot'd and failed on its emissions check. The garage found that the lamda sensor had short circuited due to the ecu multiplug being corroded. This in turn was caused by spillage from the windscreen wash container which is next to the ECU. Sounds bizarre but then the garage said they had seen it before appartently. Anyway sorry I have gone off at a tangent but it did cost me £150 and I have had previous problems too as described in other posts. Can anyone help as I get the feeling this is going to cost me yet again and at the present moment in time I would like to get this car crushed!! Please help!!:crazy:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Chris it appears the immobliser is okay as the light is extinguishing. There are no other warning lights appearing on the dash.

·
Premium Member
43,291 Posts
Had exactly this problem on a 1997 Megane 1.6 last week - it's small relay inside the the black box inside the front left wing - After many hours I was able to trace the fault to two broken earth wires which are bolted to the engine at the top left hand corner of the timong belt cover. I was able to connect two fresh wires and run them direct to the earth point just below the battery housing. The cables must be caoable of carrying at least 25 amps. Additionally check all other earth connections.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts