Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sunroof is making a clunking noise on opening and has started to rattle when driving. Is it possible to adjust it?

·
Premium Member
12,025 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

You may wish to repost your query in the relevant section where it may get a wider audience. I am unable to help in this instance!

·
Administrator
17,109 Posts
Thread moved (no need to re-post).

I don't know if there is scope for adjustment (I'd imagine there would be), but my first port of call would be to lubricate the runners & moving parts.

Chances are its been closed for a few months, and road spray containing salt & other grime, may have dried out these moving parts.

I wouldn't use wd-40, but either a spray grease or a smear of LM002 grease and run the sunroof a few times to see if there is improvement. If so, its a cheap fix, if not - then a bit more investigation is required.

HTH

Paul

Reactions: Acts6v4

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ive been having the same issue, I noticed that on my sunroof the actuator on the left hand side is incredibly loose, haven't yet worked out how to change it or even had a closer look yet but yours may be the same cause, the clunk is when the sunroof glass hits on the metal of the roof

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm having the same problem with my 00 Mégane Coupé, the sunroof is rattling and loose when closed, but ok when open.... it seems to be the front thats loose.... I don't know what to do with it, and it appears to be letting in water...

any advice?

·
Registered
1 Posts
hi i have a 2003 megane dci but my panoramic roof wont open it does try but it just shuts straight away plz can sum one help me with this thankx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts