Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Car is a 2000 W Megane 16v 1600 Sport.79000 mileage For a while now there has been a ticking like valve noise this only starts when the engine warms up and the revs get to about 1500 rpm and vanishes after 2500 rpm' I can't hear this noise when I have the bonnet up its only noticeable from inside the car.

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hi i believe your car has hydraulic tappets in it and sometimes the oil needs changing and then it stops. It very sounds like the tappets to me when cold and then when rev-ed up and a hot engine it goes away iam i right.

What i would do is have a oil and filter change to see if this will stop it before you go :crazy: :d for the noise coming into the car i would think its because sound travels and theres not much between you and the engine hope this helps

It could be your power steering pump but if you rev the car does the ticking tapping get faster if so i would say its the tappets but if it does not get faster i could be your power steering pump at a guess

·
Registered
29 Posts
Be choosy over what oil you use, my clio williams has hydraulic tappets and hates magnatec, my preffred choice is shell helix fully synthetic seems to quieten the tappets down.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts