Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2nd hand Update List head unit to replace the Tuner List unit fitted in my 2003 Megane. The Update List unit has power, beeps, receives and ejects CDs, BUT..... there is no display and no prompt for the code.... Is there a compatibility issue between the newer head unit and the older car... am I connecting something wrongly... or is the 2nd hand unit just kaput...? Hope someone might be able to help out!
Thanks!

·
Administrator
21,725 Posts
Sadly tuner list and update list head units are not compatible due to wiring differences I think.

O

·
0 Posts
:iagree:

The pin outs are not the same although they look it. I have a diagram somewhere posted by costeau, I'll see if I can find it.

O

·
0 Posts
http://tlcdcemu.sourceforge.net/hardware.html

Costeau tells me that the reason why Update List and Tuner List are not compatible is that the protocol the yellow CCU connector (shown as C1 in that diagram) uses to communicate with the display and remote stalk is different between the two.
Tuner List uses a serial protocol, while Update List uses the vehicle's CAN bus for that instead.

I've seen a handful of people here on the forums who've tried to upgrade, because of the AUX input, and failed
When they power on the head unit for the first time, all they hear is a beep.
This is actually the head unit asking for the anti-theft code. And when you don't see what you're trying to input, you can't get it up and running.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the replies, yes exactly the reason why I tried (MP3 + AUX input for digital player) and exactly the symptoms.
If the protocol is different then there's presumably no way of getting the Update List head unit to work on my old car. Hmm.... anyone need an Update List head unit?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts