Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi..new to site..hope someone can help..i have just replaced the head gasket on my 98 megane coupe 1600..
car will now not start..
car turns over fine,and sparks,,i can hear fuel pump kick in..but there is no fuel getting to spark plugs..fuel is comeing up to the in fitting on the injector bar ,but thats were it stops,its not passing this point..
if anybody could help that would bne fantastic,,thanks dan

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
Thread moved to the Engines forum.

Welcome to the forums danw.

With luck a member will assist you soon if they can.

Please feel free to join in where and when you can and enjoy the community we have built up here.
By and large our members are a friendly bunch and quite knowledgable too.
The open forums are free for all but please take the time to consider becoming a subsribed member with all the extras that entails.
For just £1.50 month/ £12 year you get....
Access to the Arcade and the many games within.
The ability to use the forum PM system
A lovely red "supporter" badge under your name.
Club offers...recoup your subsciption fee easily with supporter only offers.Photo gallery
Signatures..Add your own signature to your posts.
Avatars..Use our standard Avatars or use your own.
Gallery...Post your pics

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
Hello Dan,welcome to the forum.:)

If you've got fuel pressure at the injector rail but nothing coming out of the injectors,then the injectors aren't spraying fuel for some reason.They have either lost their feed from the ECU(double check all electrical connections),or they are blocked in some way.Did you use a new inlet manifold gasket,and if so,are you sure it was the right one?.

Also,does the remote central locking blip still work?.This works an immobiliser which cuts the fuel supply......

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Dan,welcome to the forum.:)

If you've got fuel pressure at the injector rail but nothing coming out of the injectors,then the injectors aren't spraying fuel for some reason.They have either lost their feed from the ECU(double check all electrical connections),or they are blocked in some way.Did you use a new inlet manifold gasket,and if so,are you sure it was the right one?.

Also,does the remote central locking blip still work?.This works an immobiliser which cuts the fuel supply......
hi.thanks for reply..fuel gets to bar,,but not getting in to it ..
the blip is working..will double check wiring again..
another easy job turned into a nightmare..many thanks dan

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi..thanks for your suggestions..chaps..it was the fuel pipes..what a pratt... thanks dan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Glad you're now sorted. I've never done it myself , but whenever removing them have noticed how easy they can be swapped. I always mark one of the hoses and pipe with a cable tie so they go back in the same place.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts