Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

What grade of card do you use in your cameras be it xD Sd etc, Do you use G or H grade ?

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no probs otto
What grade do you use in the xD range Chris, I was thinking of getting the faster ones now that they have dropped in price a bit as all mine are about 5 year old now, All are Olympus as to get the Panoramic facility on the Camera .

Regards

Ottoman

·
Let's be carefull out there
19,360 Posts
Had a better look at my cards Otto and I think they are standard. As far as I can see the main advantage of the "H" and "M" type cards is higher speed transfer, Panorma and the "art effect" functions in Olympus Master. I already have PS so the art effect is no interest to me, but the standard cards should come down in price with the introduction of the new ones.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Chris.

Just downloading with the card reader seems to take an age with my existing xD cards with the new Olympus I got.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
Mine has a usb lead and can put memory card straight into pc or printer, finding it so much better than wasting the amount I was on having films printed and throwing most of them away

G

·
0 Posts
card reader? Don't you just plug the camera in via USB?

I'd always use a card reader given the choice - using USB generally gives the camera batteries a hard time. (Unless using a mains adapter for the camera of course).

I use standard Olympus XD cards.

Regards
Richard

·
Premium Member
16,794 Posts
A good deal at Morrisons on Memory cards at the mo:

Sandisk memory cards, now Half Price, from £7.49 each

·
Premium Member
6,475 Posts
A good deal at Morrisons on Memory cards at the mo:

Sandisk memory cards, now Half Price, from £7.49 each

Not a bad price at all. Only 50p dearer than 7dayshop.com and no P&P to pay :d

If it was the Sandisk SD Plus (with the built-in USB connector) then I'd be round there like a shot. As it is, I'm used to being able to whiz the card out of the camera, fold it in half and plug it into the PC. I reckon I'm too lazy to go back to plugging in the card reader.

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yep I use my PCs built in multi reader save a lot of flaffing about with cables etc.

Yeah good price Moi for Sd cards.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts