Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Costco (other stores are available!) are a Cash & Carry; they have tyre centres and only sell Michelins. I found the original Michelins to last far longer than the Pirellis I am running on.

The Pirelli's are £140 each (they are a funny size) and most tyre places want c.£200 for Michelins! I asked for a quote from Costco and they do the Michelins for £133 less 20% if you but 4 tyres - they can be for different cars too!:) The prices include fitting etc - fitting to be carried out in the next 12 months!

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 20% discount is only for June - I'm sure they will have other promitions in the future. Even £133 standard price for the Michelins is very good!

·
Premium Member
40,429 Posts
(Otto,you've pressed the wrong button!.You've taken rep points away from Hugh and not added them!:rofl:.See if Wonky can change it.)

Good find Hugh.:)

·
Premium Member
4,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
"memo to self - take otto off Xmas card list"! Thanks Lag!

Lag - tried to give you some points but I have to "spread it around" a bit first - rep points, not love!

·
Banned
30,789 Posts
Otto have you been on the malt? :rofl: :rofl:

hugh121 good find, but I hope I pressed the right button. :d

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
My National Tyres branch just price matched Costco on 2 x Michelin Primacy HP 225x55x17 101W's (now fitted) £149 each ..... the big plus is no fighting with Costco over the TPM and why new tyres should always go on the rear (yes ... they are right but who is going to pay the £180 to get Renault to reprogram the 4 TPM sensors ... and the rears had 7mm on them anyway) ... plus you get Tesco points as well.

:)

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
"memo to self - take otto off Xmas card list"! Thanks Lag!

Lag - tried to give you some points but I have to "spread it around" a bit first - rep points, not love!
All is well now Hugh error resolved :eek: ,

Please accept my most humble of apologies.

Regards

Ottoman

·
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
2,311 Posts
Still expensive for normal everyday driving.
Its still hurting :eek: ... but at least better than the £235 each it started out at .... I usually like Uniroyals or Pirellis, but Uniroyals were £130 each and Pirelli only do a winter tyre in that load index (sottozero) ... so at £149 for Michelin I thought it wasnt a bad deal.

I'm still confused at why Renault used a W rated tyre on the Espace ... 168mph not a chance even down hill with sails up.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yep - I've been using Costco for my Volvo's tyres for a long time

well impressed with the pilot sports, and the price /service is exceptional - no-one else can touch them for the value

You need to be a member to get access to these prices, membership is restricted to a list of certain trades / private businesses. Forces, professional and financial staff should be ok though - I work for a bank, and qualified ok on those grounds.

If you do join, the cafe is well recommended - excellent value

·
Tourerman
4,838 Posts
I use these, made by Continental rated to 186mph quite safe and only £69.00 each with free fitting.

Tyre Details

Its still hurting :eek: ... but at least better than the £235 each it started out at .... I usually like Uniroyals or Pirellis, but Uniroyals were £130 each and Pirelli only do a winter tyre in that load index (sottozero) ... so at £149 for Michelin I thought it wasnt a bad deal.

I'm still confused at why Renault used a W rated tyre on the Espace ... 168mph not a chance even down hill with sails up.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealer Benfields of Gateshead charged me £156 for Michelins fitted, they under quoted me for the fronts a few months previous and stood by the price of £120. They are 225/45r17. This I thought was pretty good!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts