Independent Renault Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls. I've gone and got myself another megane. Couldn't resist, lol. It is a 1.6 16v cabby.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
A nice motta Mike just in time for the nice sunny weather too:cool:,are there any props on the back for the water??
Hows things going on the high seas??:d:d

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers guys. It needs some cosmetic stuff doing to it but I will let everyone know everything I do, lol.

I'm good Ex, how's things your end?

·
Premium Member
18,909 Posts
Hay Up Mike,

Nice Mottah:cool: much better than that Focus:d...if you don't mind me saying so:devil:

Here is wishing you good luck with it,Happy Motoring,

Cheers Don

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
Alls good thanks mike,just enjoying the sunshine and all the days off work at present..Oh and the beers..:eek::d:d

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice to hear Ex.

Hay Up Mike,

Nice Mottah:cool: much better than that Focus:d...if you don't mind me saying so:devil:

Here is wishing you good luck with it,Happy Motoring,

Cheers Don
lol, Thanks mate. I will update my Focus thread soon. I have done loads to it since last posting.:devil:

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I mentioned this car to my dad and he knows someone who is scrapping one as the cambelt went so they said it was too costly for them.

I went to look at it last night, it is stunning, 51 plate Dynamique so half leather seats, everything I wanted to do to this so I am now debating getting a recon engine for it or swapping my engine out of it into the newer one.

The best bit, it is only costing my £200 for the car:d I'm well happy at the moment.

·
Premium Member
14,136 Posts
A bargain to be had there then Mike,its called being in the right place at the right time:d:d good luck mate with the venture.:d

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers mate. Just need to get it to me now as it is in Congleton and I'm in Manchester, ha. I'm waiting for my brother to get back to me but could really do with a trailer to use today, can't seem to get one though.

They will keep it for me anyway so happy with that.

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
Nice car... :d and a great price too. Enjoy Mike and get it up and running ASAP as this weather may not last much longer :p:d

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
HeatherJ Nice car... :d and a great price too. Enjoy Mike and get it up and running ASAP as this weather may not last much longer :p:d[/QUOTE said:
Yeah i'd like it to be up and running soon so i can take it off my drive and go for a spin :devil::rofl: . Mike knows though that i'll do what i can to help sort it out as it will be well worth the effort once it's done :cool: .

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
:rofl: So who gets to take it out for a spin first :devil:?? lol:d Its gonna be nice when you both get it going! :d

·
Stockport Platinum
3,899 Posts
Well it's Mikes car but it's sat on my drive so he owes me first go :d:d , Yeah she will look sweet when cleaned up and polished up .

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
Well it's Mikes car but it's sat on my drive so he owes me first go :d:d
:rofl: If just to move it off your drive :p! Ha ha

It'll look great when its all done up.... I'm slightly jealous :crazy::eek: ha ha

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:rofl: If just to move it off your drive :p! Ha ha

It'll look great when its all done up.... I'm slightly jealous :crazy::eek: ha ha

lol, I'll decide, ha. I have 2 Heather:devil: The one one Ian's drive, the '51' plate one, will be off this weekend going to the garage to have a recon head fitted next week hopefully, then when I have sorted it out and got it on the road I am going to sell the other one. Just got to look a few things over first.

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
I have 2 Heather:devil: The one one Ian's drive, the '51' plate one, will be off this weekend going to the garage to have a recon head fitted next week hopefully, then when I have sorted it out and got it on the road I am going to sell the other one. Just got to look a few things over first.
Whats the other one like? and is it also on Ian's drive :p:d ha ha If it is you have a very good mate there... :d or else just some one with a very big drive way! :d

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Whats the other one like? and is it also on Ian's drive :p:d ha ha If it is you have a very good mate there... :d or else just some one with a very big drive way! :d
It is my Step Dad and no it isn't on his drive, that one is running and is at mine, ha.

It is the first picture posted on this thread. It is alright, the engine runs well and pulls good in all gears. The front bumper has had a poor spray job on it, not been sanded down etc but generally ok. It needs a few cosmetic bits inside like speaker covers etc but other than that is good.

I am not too sure on the cam belt either. I think it needs changing, I was going to get that done but then this other one cropped up which is newer with a better spec so going to get that on the road first, then see where I stand with the other one. It has full service history too. I have a feeling i will take a loss on it when i sell it but we will see i guess.

It depends if I need any parts off it for the other one if I can't find them anywhere. Hard to find cabbys in a scrap yard.

·
Administrator
13,234 Posts
It is my Step Dad and no it isn't on his drive, that one is running and is at mine, ha.
So your step dad doesnt even get the drivable one :p ha ha

It depends if I need any parts off it for the other one if I can't find them anywhere. Hard to find cabbys in a scrap yard.
I rarely see them over here, let alone in a scarp yard! :idunno: so it may be a good idea to keep one for parts! :d

1 - 20 of 37 Posts